AMSEnergy supplies our clients with the most efficient style of Heat Pipe Heat Exchangers available. Our Heat Pipe Heat Exchangers featuring Thermosyphon Technology that has been shown to transfer heat up to 10,000 times faster than other heat exchanger technologies allowing for a greater thermal energy transfer on a kW or BTU recovery basis leading to near isothermal capabilities. We are very excited to be identified with this highly advanced heat transfer technology using a patent pending manufacturing process in order to deliver what has been shown to be one of the most effective and efficient heat exchangers produced.
Thermosyphon Technology has many benefits and advantages when compared to other traditional or classical heat exchangers.
Specific Benefits and Advantages of Heat Pipe Heat Exchangers
• Higher thermal energy recovery rates means greater heat transfer
• Zero cross contamination as pure energy is all that is transferred
• Significantly lower pressure drops than other heat exchanger technologies…lower parasitic loads lead to lower year-over-year operational costs (lower OPEX)
• High particulate exhaust tolerance…lower fouling rates lead to less downtime and reduced maintenance costs
• High temperature applications (>2000°C)
• No moving parts for virtually maintenance free operation
• A range of working fluids and pipe materials are available, ensuring the highest performance efficiency given the temperature environments
• Independent operation of each individual heat pipe meaning the heat exchanger is less susceptible to failure from thermal stresses
• Isothermal in operation assuring no “cold spots” nor remaining condensation as the length of each heat pipe is virtually the same temperature. (<1°C)
• Heat Pipe Heat Exchangers are highly reliable due to “intrinsic redundancy” of individual heat pipes features offering optimum performance at all times. Each heat pipe essentially operates as an individual heat exchanger.
• Scalable design for ease of location, installation and maintenance making it adaptable to difficult to fit space constraints.
• Integral design minimizing the adverse effects of metal due to thermal expansion
• High efficiency ensures minimal loss of energy
• Optimized heat exchanger design per application
• Generally smaller “footprint” when compared to other heat exchanger technologies of equal performance
• By adding or subtracting heat pipes to the heat exchanger in situ, a heat pipe heat exchanger can be optimized or tuned to meet a given performance requirement or to reside above dew point levels if required
• In Situ (no uninstall) cleaning if required by use of included maintenance access panels… denotes not having to remove the heat exchanger for cleaning
• Greater heat transfer capacity by way of condensate collection can be designed into the heat pipe heat exchanger